This Privacy Statement applies to Web sites and services that are operated by The Open PHACTS Consortium. The Open PHACTS Consortium is not responsible or liable for the content or the privacy policies of sites to which it may link.
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our website - When you become a registered user, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password).
- Log information - Our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to The Open PHACTS Consortium, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Embedded URLs - In order to provide maximum site utility, The Open PHACTS Consortium may also use a tracking technique that uses embedded URLs to allow use of the site without cookies. Embedded URLs manifest themselves as plain text or encoded extensions to the URL that appears in the browser address or location toolbar. This technology allows limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but does not reveal personal data and is not used beyond the session. While this increases your ability to surf the site, it does not replace the functionality or streamlining of cookies and may limit your use of many convenience features offered by the site.
We use information we collect for the following purposes:
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online.
Where we store your Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.